Say Something in Welsh online course: www.saysomethinginwelsh.com (Free)
- Downloadable all-audio courses designed to build skill in speaking & understanding Welsh; lessons introduce important patterns & vocab and get you to practice them in different combinations. Northern & Southern versions.
- Intro course (Course 1) is 25 half-hour lessons, plus 10 vocab lessons, plus short weekly listening and speaking practices – all free. Paid subscribers (about $5/month) get access to daily intro-level practices, plus the Intermediate course (Course 2) of another 25 halfhour lessons, with vocab units & practices, plus an Advanced course (Course 3) which is gradually being published.
- Website has an active & friendly discussion forum, map of SSIW learners around the world, & wiki of useful info. Also runs weeklong total-immersion Bootcamp vacations in the west Wales village of Tresaith.
Teach Yourself series (recently renamed and reissued):
- Teach Yourself Welsh Conversation, now renamed and updated as Speak Welsh with Confidence (CDs plus booklet).
- Teach Yourself Welsh, now renamed and updated as Complete Welsh (CDs plus book) – available on Amazon.com.
Older versions are still available through Amazon or through www.bookfinder.com. The two sets above are different in flavor – the ‘conversation’ set is more like Say Something In Welsh in being audio-oriented.
Welsh for Adults textbooks & practice CDs, used in standard classroom courses in Wales.
- Series of 3 books & materials (first level: Cwrs Mynediad; followed by Sylfaen & Canolradd), in Northern and Southern versions. Available from www.gwales.com
Cwrs Cymraeg -- annual weeklong Welsh course in the US: www.madog.org
Next course: July 19-26, 2015 -- Portland, Oregon.
Cymdeithas Madog’s week of Welsh courses at all different levels (complete beginner to advanced), plus all sorts of activities.